Expansion Preview & Shipping Update!
19 days ago
– Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 09:18:59 PM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
Getting the Goods!
about 2 months ago
– Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 07:29:56 PM
Most of our US backers have received their pledge rewards already, and are actively playing Originz! It’s been so fulfilling to hear so much positive feedback on your gameplay experiences.
Our international shipments will commence as soon as we wrap up domestic deliveries.
For those of you receiving your game, here are a few reminders:
1) Your respective Origin decks come pre-constructed, but not pre-sorted. When you get your box, just organize the cards into their respective decks by matching Origin Symbols. You also will receive some extra KS promotional cards, including some alternate art Hero/Villain cards, made in the likeness of our top-tier backers. These are extras! You can just pick your favorite art of the 2 options to play with, and put the others aside. Also, the 8 extra Power Cosmic cards are there for fun during advanced play, when you start to mix and match your Origin decks.
2) For those of you that want to jump right in, there is a Digital Quick Start Guide available on the Originz website at www.originzcardgame.com.
It’s not a comprehensive list of rules and keywords like you have in the rule book, but it will get you going quick! Feel free to message us for any questions!
3) Your playmats and your Games will arrive in 2 separate shipments. We had one backer receive a box with a significant manufacturing defect, which we are replacing. Our manufacturer is confident these types of issues happen less than 1% of the time, but feel free to contact us if you encounter one!
4) We have surplus games and playmats if you decide you’d like to purchase extras or gifts for friends and family. Just let us know.
If you’d like to visit and play with us, we are planning to have a booth at the upcoming Board Game Geek Con in Dallas, TX (May 24-27 at the Hyatt Regency DFW).
Lastly, we are continuing work on an a stand-alone expansion featuring new Origin decks. We’ll share details and previews soon!
Thanks again for everything!
Evan and Alex
Shipping on out!
3 months ago
– Sun, Mar 03, 2019 at 08:17:20 PM
It’s finally happening - our friendly neighborhood UPS has begun shipping out your rewards! Domestic shipments will arrive by UPS (in 2-3 weeks) international shipments will arrive by USPS (in roughly 4-5 weeks). These are only estimates. If your rewards don’t arrive in this timeframe, please reach out to us - we’ll have the ability to track them.
Your Originz box comes in a nice, snug package. Playmats will arrive separately but around the same time, neatly rolled up in tubes of various sizes (depending on how many you ordered). See pics below.
We can’t wait for you to get your rewards and to hear your feedback. We have every confidence your going to love the game! Along those lines, we’d really appreciate your ratings & reviews of Originz on:
Next update will include preview cards and details on the upcoming stand-alone 88 card expansion. Cards & their respective art have already been completed for 3 of the 4 NEW superpower Origins decks! They are pretty awesome :)
Lastly, we’ve got extra inventory (which will eventually make its way to Amazon) if you decide you want to order extra games or mats. Just let us know!
Thanks again for making this game a reality!
Evan, Alex and Lucas
D (Delivery) - Day!
3 months ago
– Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 07:18:43 PM
I’m so excited to share this update with you - our pallet of over 500 Originz boxes arrived safely, today! I visually inspected them upon arrival, and opened up a box with the delivery driver. He thought the game was so cool that he hung out to look at cards and talk about his favorite superpowers :)
BangWee, or manufacturer, has proven to deliver the highest quality product. The box, rule book, 12 dividers, and 282 game cards...Everything looks and feels spot on, as it did with our prototype. I can’t recommend Bing Wu and his professional BangWee team enough. They were easy to work with and truly followed through.
Now we can finally start the process of packing up each of your rewards. I’ll be sending out a survey in the next few days to PLEASE update your address. If you received a refund, you can ignore the survey...or better yet, come back to us! I’m aiming to pack and ship all backer rewards in March.
For that reason, now is arguably the best time to order again, or order additional copies and playmats as gifts for friends and family. You can do this by going to the Pre-Order page on our website at:
In upcoming updates, I’ll keep you notified on packing and shipping progress. I’ll also share some fun previews of the expansion we have in work, including 3 new Origin sets - Mystic Ninja, Vampire Mutation, and Alien Parasite!
Thanks again for your patience and support,
Evan and Alex
4 months ago
– Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 09:48:34 PM
Hope you all had a great start to the New Year! Short but significant update:
1) All 200 Playmats were successfully delivered to our distribution center (my house) this week! Pic attached.
2) The tightly packaged Pallet with 504 copies of Originz has left from Yantian, China and is due to arrive by 2 feb. We have an expert Logistics company handling customs and insuring the delivery.
Things are actually on track! In other news:
If you haven’t signed up for BGG Con Spring at the Hyatt in Dallas, TX, on May 24-27, please consider joining us! We’ve registered for an exhibit booth! Every last backer copy should be fulfilled well before then. We’d love to meet with and/or play some games with you all.
And just for fun (which is what this is all about), I threw in some 3-person ‘Super Boss’ Gameplay pics with my brother and son from the Holiday break.
Evan (And Alex)